Sunday, March 23, 2008

On SFF, very briefly

So the Sofia Film Fest is over, and I wish I could write a piece about it, as well as a piece for each film I watched, plus an overview of the films and chosen themes from a feministic point of view, but I seem to have no time, or not enough comfort and ease, to do so.

All in all, the festical lacked variety, in my opinion - 90% of the films were European, the themes were somewhat similar, and there wasn't a distinct major event, a really big film to lead the programme.

Good things - several female directors, one downright feministic film, a documentary programme with some gems in it. Hm, that's all I can this about right now.

And something else. I'm finding I simply can't stand to watch films done in the classical male-centric matrix of the plot. I can't concentrate in anything else of the film, like the male-centredness is a huge smudge obscuring the rest of the movie and I can't see past it. I have a suspicion this might be a sign I'm leaning over the top. But I can't seem to help it - it appears to me that every day, all the things I see an experience just reinforce this intolerance thriving in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment