Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some more whining

It's not even a week since I left Finland and it already seems to me that my mind - its format - has started transforming. Things look distant to me now although I walked my usual Kortepohja - campus path last week. It's fast, like a virus. Or perhaps I should just stop watching House MD in bulk. Piling bucketfuls of new impressions onto my brain will facilitate the forgetting of old ones... But wait, wasn't that precisely what I should be getting used to and trying to let go of? My problem is, I don't want to let go. I never do. I'm almost certain I am incapable of it. And thank God I don't believe in psychology!

But it is sad, it's so very sad!... And so fast indeed.

People, even though you'll be submerged into the jolly Erasmus life for another five months while I'm in anxious anticipation of being bossed around and squashed into nasty deadlines, I will be thinking of you and retain the warmest of feelings for you. I do hope the ones among you who considered me a friend won't let distance and time and all that stuff make strangers out of us. I like to think it's all up to me, but I know there should be some willingness from the other side too... so here's hoping there will be.

1 comment: