Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Afresh?

New year, start from scratch, eh? I don't think so. It's sad, but I have been dragging a lot of stuff with me from one year to the next, and it piles up and settles down, marshy and sticky, like ickly food leftovers. Then there's the stuff I have to do, and the stuff I just wouldn't let go. Like Jyväskylä and everything I absorbed in me here. I wish I were far less sentimental and a lot more hard-working. Hey, that could be my New year wish/resolution! They are usually empty words anyway :p

2 comments:

  1. hi there, so what's about you? I'll be back in Finland in a few days, I have spent and still I'm spending nice days here in Italy; it's not bad after all to be back at home. Kinda of comfortable idea of life.
    But that's ur blog so I have to stop to write about my "boring" self. I'll think of you as the most clicked face of my web photo gallery and as well as one of the best friend of my Finnish life.
    Take care of you, gave the future the right to decide for you and after all it's not ours the age to change the world, so we don't have to insist...
    See you somewhere, sometimes.
    Giovanni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giovanni, thanks for the comment! Though I must admit I don't like the "farewell" sort of tone to it - you haven't forgotten you promised to keep me posted on what's going on in Jyvaskyla, have you?

    You're sweet to have written this, I know you wanted to make me feel better, and you succeeded, actually. Thanks for that. I think of you in generally the same lines, apart from the "most clicked" part ;) Who would have known you were so wise, too!... Take care!

    ReplyDelete