Sunday, December 2, 2007

December

So many meanings in one month.

My last weeks in Finland. My last days with the people I met here. The last parties, last walks in the town, last lectures, last common lunches in the university cafeterias, last dinners in pizzeria "Maria", last surges of longing.

My second Christmas away from my family - and first one away from friends, too. But closest to Santa Claus I've ever been!

My fisrt consiously-bought Christmas advent calender - Muumi-themed, of course (and yes, it is exactly the one in the picture. Cute, ain't it!). My first church Christmas carols evening (looking forward to it).

The shortest days and longest nights I've seen. Probably the coldst weather I've experienced, but still waiting for this one.

Hopefully a wonderful closure to a wonderful semester here. I love Finland by now. I liked it in the beginning, but I love it now. I wonder who wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment