Sunday, February 3, 2008

If travel is searching...

... and home what's been found, I'm in a hell of a journey right now, and I don't mean this in a good sense. All the flats and rooms for rent in Sofia seem to be either filthy, or in dodgy neighbourhoods, or both. It's a nightmare. And when I do find where to live, I'll have to work, to figure out the topic of my thesis, to live with my sister - in short, to struggle a lot.

Last night I watched a series of shorts, called 10 Minutes Older - among the directors were Aki Kaurismäki, Wim Wenders, Werner Herzog, Spike Lee, Victor Erice, Jim Jarmush. I liked Erice's best, although admittedly I was a teensy bit too tipsy to properly appreciate the second half of the films :p I's comforting to know that some things haven't changed despite time and space alterations - like Alexander's always having some cinematic gems to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment